Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Trey Ngeat Salmon Bralak



Trey Ngeat Salmon Bralak

1 small Salmon (cut open from the back of the fish, take out the back bone then slice the fish to 5 sections)

Recipe I
this is my favorite better then the recipes II

Soak salmon in fish sauce (use 3 crabs brand)enough to cover the fish
2 T of sugar (use rice spoon to measure)
1 t of black pepper
Soak the fish in fish sauce, sugar and pepper overnight
the next day take the fish out then wash it with cold water
Hang dry or fan dry till it is ready to cook

I pan fry my trey Ngeat with a bit of oil it taste better this way and make lime garlic dip with it.

Recipe II

2 cloves of garlic smash in mortar pestle
2 T of fish sauce( use 3 crabs brand)
1 T of seasoning soy sauce
1 T of sugar or less up to you
1/4 t of black pepper or more up to you
MSG (optional)

Mix all the ingredients together then rub it on the salmon, marinate overnight
Dry under the sun if you live in the state that has sun or fan dry.

Salmon trey Ngeat not taste good as khmer fresh water fish, but I have too many salmon this year and I made mam, paorg,then I thought of making trey Ngeat to use up all my salmon. Do adjust the flavor to what you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment