Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Teriyaki BBQ beef skewers (Hawaiian style)



Teriyaki BBQ beef skewers (Hawaiian style)

When I was in Hawaii I had Teriyaki skewer I can taste the mix of Chinese and Japanese flavor in it. I make up this recipe to remember the good time I had in Hawaii with my family. I called it Hawaiinese beef sticks

You need 2 lbs of beef with some fat, sliced thin
1/2 cup+2 T of soy sauce
3 T of brown sugar
4 to 5 cloves of garlic (smash in mortar pestle)
1 to 2 T of ginger minced or in mortar pestle with the garlic
1/2 t of black pepper
2 T of hoisin sauce
2 T of rice vinegar or white vinegar
1 t of sesame oil (if you like the flavor of sesame oil put 1T)

if you like pineapple juice add about 1/4 cup to it, I don't care about it.
If you have fresh pineapple grill it with the meat (it makes real Hawaiian taste)

Mix and marinate the meat overnight
Thread the meat in the skewer and grill untill it done, serve with fried rice and vegetables pickle.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. You know your projects stand out of the herd. There is something special about them. It seems to me all of them are really brilliant!
    paleovalley beef sticks reviews

    ReplyDelete