Saturday, February 11, 2012
Thai stir fry noodle , I don't have all the ingredients for this picture so the noodle look a bit sad, but the ingredients I taught class is down below.
3 T of soy sauce
3 T of fish sauce
3 T of brown sugar or 2 T of palm sugar
1-2 T of tamarind concentrate (Thai will use 2 T or more)
Mix them all together and set aside
8oz (or half package of 16oz rice noodles stick) soak in warm water for 30 minutes. Drain and set aside. If you use fresh noodle only soak for 5 minutes.
2 cloves of garlic, minced.
1 cup of sliced chicken or shrimp
1/2 cup of extra firm tofu cube (optional)
½ cup of chopped Chinese chives or green onion.
2 T of preserved turnip
1 cup of bean sprouts
2 T of minced shallots
1/4 cup of water to soften the noodles
3 tbsp of oil for stir fry
1. Heat oil in wok on medium high heat, add garlic, shallots and stir fry until brown.
2. Add shrimps or chicken cook until meat is tender and shrimps turn pink, add tofu.
3. Add preserved turnip stir fry together.
4. Add noodles stir fry quickly for 2 minutes, (you might need to add water to soften the noodle) when most of the noodles has changes texture and softened.
5. Add the sauce stir well to evenly coat the noodles
6. Push the noodle aside and add egg crumble it till cook then mix with the noodle.
Add bean sprouts and chives or green onion stir well with the noodles
Turn the heat off.
7. Garnish your Pad Thai with lime juice and crush peanut, enjoy.