Sunday, February 26, 2012
Homemade Teriyaki Chicken with coconut roasted corn
1 lb of chicken breast or thigh (dark meat taste better for teriyaki)
1 T of cornstarch
3 T of cold water
1/2 cup of sugar (if you like it sweet use 2/3 cup of sugar)
1/2 cup of soy sauce
2 T of cider vinegar
1 t of minced garlic
½ tsp ground ginger or 1 t of minced fresh ginger
¼ tsp ground black pepper
Mix cornstarch with water and set aside.
1. In a small pan over medium heat mix sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, and ground black pepper to a boil for one minute then add cornstarch mixture to sauce stirring until the sauce is thicken turn the heat off and let the sauce cool.
2. Marinate the chicken for 3 hours or longer for good flavor.
3. You can bake your chicken, but it is better to grill it. Make sure you save some sauce to brush on the chicken when it is almost done.
4. Bake at 400 degree oven for about 20 to 30 minutes depend on how big your chicken piece. Make sure to line up your baking pan with foil because teriyaki is very sticky. You can use this sauce on salmon bake it is real good.
5. Make extra sauce to dip your chicken with or pour on rice.
BBQ Coconut corn (recipe for 4 corns)
you grill corn till it is almost done then
brush the corn with
1/4 cup of coconut milk
Dash of salt
1/2 t of sugar
1 stalk of chop green onion
mix all the ingredients together in a bowl then brush on the grill corn.