Thursday, May 31, 2012

Khmer, Thai, Lao Jerky ( Sach Ko Ngeat pralack)



Khmer, Thai, Lao Jerky ( Sach Ko Ngeat pralack)

This is Southeast Asia style jerky I twisted a little so the flavor tastes better. We call it sundried jerky, but in Seattle there is no sun I have meat dryer to dry my jerky. You can buy pre- sliced beef is easy or you can slice it yourself. I don’t have exact measurement; adjust to your taste.

2 lbs of beef thinly sliced
1/4 cup of oyster sauce
1/4 cup of soy sauce
1/2 cup of yoshida sauce from Costco or teriyaki sauce
1 t salt if needed more salty flavor
6 cloves garlic pound in mortar to paste
1 big rice spoon of sliced ginger
2 T (not rice spoon measuring spoon) of sugar more or less up to you
1 t black pepper or crush chili
2 T of roasted sesame seeds (optional)
Msg optional

Mix and marinate the meat with the entire ingredients and let it marinate overnight
The next day take it out and sundry or dry in a food dryer.

When ready to serve you can pop in microwave for 1 minute if the meat is thin enough to cook in the microwave or grill it, but the best way to cook Asian jerky is deep fry.
Serve dried jerky with lime juice dressing and sticky rice or Thai Som Tam or Khmer Bok Lahong.

Note: I fry my meat before I put it away to marinate so I know the meat will taste good when it dry.
Do add and adjust the flavor to your taste. Yoshida and teriyaki sauce bring a better taste to any jerky.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment