Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Baked or Deep Fried Coconut Chicken





Baked or Deep Fried Coconut Chicken

I found chicken on sale so I thought I would make some fried chicken. I used breast bone cut in half, drumsticks, and thighs. I didn’t have butter milk so I used coconut milk for the first time and it turned out good. I seasoned the chicken first then soaked them in one can of coconut milk. I don’t have the exact recipe, but this is close enough that you can follow.

2 breasts bone-in cut in half
4 thighs
6 drumsticks
1 can of coconut milk
1 t of Cayenne pepper
1 t of garlic salt
Black pepper and salt to taste
You can use any seasoning you like
Mix and marinate the chicken with coconut milk and seasoning for 1 hour.
Oil to deep fry the chicken

Then I divided the chicken in half. I kept all the drumsticks for deep fry and baked the rest of the chicken with Italian bread crumbs.

To deep fry you need
Flour seasoned with salt and pepper or any seasoning you have on hand
Take out the batter chicken and coat it with flour
Deep fry the chicken on medium heat until golden brown
Take out and drain on basket.

To bake you can use Italian bread crumbs or regular bread crumbs, I like Italian bread crumbs better.
Or you can mix half coconut flake to coat the chicken along with bread crumb.

Take out the coconut batter chicken from the marinate then coat it with Italian bread crumb on both sides
Lay on a baking rack with baking tray under the rack.

Preheat oven to 425 degree bake for 25 minutes or until your chicken is done with golden color on the outside.

Serve your fried or baked coconut chicken with Thai cucumber salad on my blog or Thai sweet and chili sauce.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment